Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6 ~ Review and Swatches

Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6
Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6

Maybelline had some phenomenal launches in 2013, and with launch of Lip Polish (Color Elixir Liquid Lip Balm in other parts of the world) in India I'm hoping 2014 is gonna get better. There are 15 shades available in India. The color range is also good, they have nudes, peaches, pinks, red & plum. The shade I picked at the moment is GLAM6. Maybelline Lip Polish are compared with YSL Glossy Stains, however I haven't tried them so won't be able to compare.

Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6
Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6

Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6
Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6

Maybelline describes them as a balm-gloss-lipstick hybrid. And trust me they are NOT exaggerating it. It has moisturising and hydrating properties of a lip balm, high-shine finish of a gloss and pigmentation of a lipstick. I couldn't be more impressed.

The packaging is rather cute. Comes in a clear packaging that gives an illusion of a lipstick. The lipgloss are color coordinated so its easy to locate the gloss if you have more than one of it. The applicator is spade like which makes the application easy. The tip of the applicator helps in giving precision to the lips. It picks the right amount of product and does not make the application clumsy. 

Glam 6 is a dark plum with slight fuchsia undertone to it. The texture is smooth  and glides with ease on the lips and does not settle on lines. Though the consistency is on the thicker side, its non-sticky on the lips. I wouldn't say its completely light weight, i kinda feel little heavy on the lips initially but then I get used to it. What I was impressed with was how well this particular shade is pigmented, one swipe and its opaque on my lips. However I use 2 swipes to give a even finish.  The lasting power is incredible for a gloss. Lasts glossy and nice for 2-3 hours but leave a lovely and an even stain all day until I take it off with my makeup remover.  I guess lighter shades are tad bit less pigmented, since I love bright bold lips I might end up picking another darker shade from this range.

Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6
Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam6




Price: Rs. 450 for 5 ml.

Pros:

1. Cute Packaging.
2. 15 shades to chose from.
3. Sensibly priced.
4. Texture is smooth does not settle on lines.
5. Finish  is high-gloss and non-sticky.
6. Darker shades are nicely pigmented.
7. Comes with a nice applicator, which makes application rather easy.
8. Goes opaque in just one swipe.
9. Incredible lasting power for a lip gloss.
10. Leaves a nice stain that lasts forever.

Cons:

1. I wish the glosses had some names like color elixirs and not boring POP and GLAM. *yawns*
2. Feels slightly heavy on the lips for a few minutes.

Recommendation:

I strongly recommend Lip Polish. These are standing true to the claim of balm-gloss-stick hybrid. With 15 colors to chose from I am pretty confident that most colors will suit a wide range of skin tone. 

Have you tried Maybelline Lip Polish/ Maybelline Color Elixirs? Any recommendation for me? Would love to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Parachute Gold Coconut Hair Cream

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (91) Boheme ~ Review and Swatches