Revlon Colorstay Concealer: Review

Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium
Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium
Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium
Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium

Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium
Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium

REVLON was the first brand of cosmetics I had tried and I had quite liked it. My only niggle with them was shade selection! Anhoo...I wanted to try the ColorStay Concealer and was quite happy that I found my shade. My shade is 04 Medium which blends well into my skin and looks quite natural on me.

Revlon ColorStay Concealer comes in 6 shades (Though I have seen just 3 around in most stores). The packaging of this is sleek and nice. It comes in a sturdy plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. The sponge is quite soft and picks the right amount of product. As much as I like the packaging, I am little worried about hygiene. I try and avoid applying this directly on any blemishes with the fear of infection. However, I dab the concealer around the eyes and blend it with my ring finger.

The texture is quite creamy and is on the drier side. I Strongly recommend using a eye cream prior to the application of the concealer for the application to be easy and the finish to be natural. If applied on dry area, there is a probability it might settle on fine lines and look patchy. On a well moisturized eye area, the concealer can be blended effortlessly. The finish of the concealer is semi-matte and is quite great for oily skin types. The staying power is quite good, it lasts for 5-6 hours in hot/humid condition. If its set using a powder then the lasting power can be stretched for another hour or two.

The Revlon ColorStay Concealer has a light-medium coverage. I have fairly dark under eyes and this conceals them quite well, however if you have really dark under eyes then the coverage will be a draw back. Again the shade selection is duh! How can one find a right match in just 3 shades? When applied on blemishes it conceals them fairly ok. But I strongly recommend to use a moisturiser else it can be quite drying on the blemishes. I have used it around my nose and mouth area to conceal the darkness and it does that beautifully. 

Swatch:

Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium

Revlon Colorstay Concealer  ~ (04) Medium

Price: Rs. 750 for 6.2 ml. (Pricey for a drugstore brand. Yes! But considering Lakme's pricing and quantity this seems fairly reasonable.)

Recommendation: Its a good light-medium coverage concealer, that covers dark circles and blemishes effectively. Does not oxidize or crease and lasts for a fairly good amount of time. If you find your shade in the 3 shades I suggest give it a shot and you wouldn't be disappointed.

I would rate this 4.25/5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Parachute Gold Coconut Hair Cream

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (91) Boheme ~ Review and Swatches